Common SEO Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
Creating an SEO can be very confusing as well as complicated. If your SEO is not created properly, you will not get recognized as much in the search engines. Avoiding some of the more common mistakes can help you get noticed and possibly even get your internet marketing at the top of the list.
1. Avoid targeting the wrong keywords
– This is the most common SEO mistake that is even made by the experts. This usually occurs when you are trying to create more descriptive keywords that describe your website but the words you use are not the words that most people search for. You need to be sure to choose the correct SEO keywords as it is one of the most important factors in creating your SEO. You can either make or, worse yet, break your SEO campaign by this one simple mistake. There are software tools available that can help you create your keywords. One of the most popular is Website Keyword suggestion.
2. Do not ignore your title tag
– Leaving out your title tag is another common mistake that is also made by the experts. This is the most important area of your SEO to have your keyword. This will show up as the title of your website in the search engines.
3. Using a flash website that does not contain HTML
– A flash website may appear appealing to you but it is not appealing to users, or even search engines for that matter. If you still prefer to use a flash website be sure that you include an HTML version of the site.
4. Using Java Script Menus
– Search engines do not recognize Java Scripts and therefore should be left out. If you do happen to have certain portions of your website that do contain Java Script you will want to create a site map.
5. Do not forget Consistency and Maintenance
– Against popular belief you cannot create an SEO and forget about it as it will not last forever. If you want your website to continue to be popular you will need to provide both consistency and maintenance regularly. One important aspect of this is keeping an eye on your competition and changing your keywords accordingly.
6. Do not concentrate too much on your Meta Tags
– Meta tags are becoming a thing of the past and therefore it is better to begin leaving them out for best results.
7. Do not use only images for your headline
– Search engines do not primarily search for images so avoid these at all costs. If you still wish to use an image as a headline be sure to add keywords to your title as well. This will improve your chances of having your site noticed.
8. Do not ignore your URL’s
– If you have a URL in your title you will then have an edge over your competitors. This is often left out but is a great way to get your site seen by more people as it ranks higher in the search engine.
9. Avoid backlink spamming
– Make sure your backlinks are of quality and not just spam as a way to add more keywords. This will only lose your search engine rank.
10. Avoid having a lack of related keywords in your content
– The more related keywords you have in your content the higher on the search engine you will appear. Make sure though that you place them only in places that will make sense. You can even bold or highlight them to make them stick out. If you do this you will improve your rank on the search engine.
Realizing these simple but common mistakes and how to correct them can help you create an awesome and well noticed SEO.